This post is for Katie and Jono who love to make soup....
Tonight I made Taco Soup for dinner. I've been meaning to give Katie and Jono the recipe, so I decided to take photos as I made it.
A special thanks to my friend Duchess for posting the recipe on her blog and helping me shop for the ingredients the first time I made it. Now it's a monthly staple around here.
The shopping list:
2 pounds ground beef
1 large chopped onion
1 small can of green chilies
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes
1 can of Ranch Beans (I use Bush's Chili Beans because I can't find Ranch beans up North)
1 can of Black Beans
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 packet Ranch Dressing Seasoning
1. Brown your ground beef with onions
2. Drain off excess grease and put hamburger into your favorite soup pot
3. Add beans, tomatoes and chilies
4. Stir all together and add a can of water
5. Toss in your corn - I don't measure it out, just a few handfuls of frozen corn does the trick
6. Add your packets of Ranch dressing and taco seasoning....stir well
7. Simmer for a few hours. I usually make the soup at noon so we can eat at 5pm.
8. Serve in your favorite soup bowl with corn chips
Logan making a goofy face. He really means YUM mom, thanks for making my favorite soup!
I hope you all try it, and let me know how you like it!