Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Got the house all dressed for Christmas over the weekend. Here are a few of my favorite things.

Don't you just love my little train salt and pepper shakers? How about the centerpiece I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $5 last year?The first thing Isaiah does each morning in December is move the snowflake to countdown to Christmas.
I love this little tea light holder. A friend gave it to me and I've been putting it in my kitchen for years.
This is the Christmas tree in the kids game room. It's loaded full of their yearly ornaments and several handmade ornaments from church and school throughout the years.
A little snowman sits at the bottom of the garland wrapped banister.
About 7 years ago, when we lived in Ohio, mom and my sister Tracee and I made swags for decorations on Thanksgiving weekend. Mine still hangs in my home every year.

When I used to teach scrapbooking classes in Ohio, one of my favorite students made this for me and gave it to me for Christmas.
Tigger's stocking is hung and waiting for goodies to fill it!
Mr. Snowman and his reindeer greet you when you come in the front door.
My mother in law gave me this beautiful nativity set one year. It sits on my dining room table.
The front door wreath I won at a church Christmas party back in 1999.
The front entry way, garland winds it way up the stairs and across the cat walk.
The Family Room

The Christmas tree in the sunroom. It's a little fiber optic tree. I got it on clearance at Target last year. I got it all set up and the ac adapter plug was missing, grrrr. I was able to find a plug to make it work, yeah!
That's it! Is you house all ready for Christmas?

3 comments:

duchess said...

Looks nice & festive. It'll be here before we know it.

Tracee said...

your house looks great sister, mine is still in the process of being decorated. I still have my swag too, use it every year!

Katie said...

oh I wish we were this together we are not even close to done.