Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wonder Why Wednesday

I wonder why my life was spared today.
I woke up this morning thinking, hmmm, what should I post about in today's Wonder Why Wednesday. As I looked out the window my rambling thoughts led me to wondering why God made so many different kinds of bark on trees. There's smooth back, flaky bark, chunky bark, mossy bark, sappy bark, knotted bark, etc. So I decided I would go out to the yard and take pictures of all the different kinds of bark. Little did I know that in doing so would endanger my life. Last night during our family bible time I prayed God's protection over my husband, myself and my kids for today. Turns out I was the one in need of that protection.

I was standing under a stately old tree taking a picture of this cool chunky bark with a remnant of poison ivy attached to it.......
When all of the sudden a dead limb came crashing down a mere 2 feet from me! My brother calls them Widow Makers.All I could do, after catching my breath, was to thank God for sparing my life!

Psalm 5:11

11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.


I have tons of beautiful photos of the trees and bark from around my yard. I think I will share them tomorrow. Today I will rejoice and be glad! (and stay out of the yard)


Be blessed today and may God's protection rest upon you.

5 comments:

duchess said...

OMGoodness! I'm so thankful that you're ok. God's umbrella of protection is always amazing to me.

Katie said...

here and I thought you might be moving or something. Glad you are safe and sound.

Stephanie said...

Wow!!! Btw loving your stick person hehe.. Glad your safe!

Lori said...

Yikes! I've never had a limb fall in our backyard while I've been out there...but I always think about it happening after we've had a storm and there are tons of limbs scattered everywhere. RIght now it's hardhat time, with all the black walnuts falling off the trees. Glad you're safe!

The Simonson's said...

Jodie - I love your blog. I'm so glad the branch avoided your head not only so that we have you in our life, but also your blog :)