Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Where's George?

So I reached into my purse to pull out some money to stick in a birthday card today. The bill I took out had a website written on it http://www.wheresgeorge.com/ Curious I checked it out. It's a fun bill tracking site. You enter the series, serial number and dollar value into the website and it tells you if your bill is being tracked. My bill was originally given to a man in Delfied WI as change at a gun show. It has traveled over 356 miles in the last 4 years to reach me. I learned about the original poster, he is a Vietnam War Vet and is an airline pilot. How cool is that?

So, grab a bill and log onto http://www.wheresgeorge.com/ and look up some of your bills and register them. You never know where they will turn up! If you register your name and email with them, they will send you an email to let you know when someone logs in and tracks your bill.


3 comments:

duchess said...

What a neat idea. I think we might try it out.
Enjoy your Thursday.

Stephanie said...

interesting... I will have to register some $

Shauna said...

Have a Happy Valentines Day!