Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ice Storm

Life has been rough here the past week or so. We got slammed with one of the worst ice storms in this area in it's history. Schools were closed for 4 days. Over 100,000 people were without power and some still are. It was bone chilling cold and we were without heat. We lived like pioneers for a few days (more on that later.) Here are some pictures of what old man winter left behind.
..
..
This is the road we travel down to get to my son's school. A large pine tree fell across it.
Photobucket

Power lines down in the road
Photobucket

Trees down on the power lines
Photobucket

My favorite pond
Photobucket

My Japanese Maple tree bowing down and touching the sidewalk. It's usually about a story and a half tall.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ice on the side of the house
Photobucket

Ice on the trees
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The "war zone" we call our back yard
Photobucket

Ice on our deck rail
Photobucket

Ice on the back of the house
Photobucket

Photobucket

More of the "war zone"
Photobucket

On my next post I will share some photos of us being pioneers .

2 comments:

duchess said...

I'm shivering just looking at them. Oh wait - it could be because it's 17 degrees here this morning (no ice or snow, thank God). Glad you're back up & running.

Lori said...

Awesome pictures. I love the beauty of ice storms, minus the devastation they can bring. I feel for your kids..4 snow days to make-up. Yuck! We lucked out and only missed 1 day.