Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Getting Ready for Winter

I dread saying this, but winter is just around the corner. Can't fall just stay until March? I don't think I would tire of the glorious colors of the trees, bonfires, pumpkins, mums, football and hot chocolate. But I live in the midwest, so winter is inevitable. So to prepare for those cold nights and cozy Sunday afternoons watching football with a fire in the fireplace, we must split wood. Last year I called it Pioneer Days. This year I'll call it modern Pioneer Technology! I was so happy to be able to borrow a log splitter from our friends the Coopers. What a difference that machine makes!!

Photobucket

Dennis hauls wood to the house
Photobucket

Logan and his friend stack wood on the deck
Photobucket

The splitter at work
Photobucket

Me pushing the button, the splitter doing all the work
Photobucket

Logan and Isaiah burning limbs and leaves
Photobucket

Caught Isaiah's face in a sunflare
Photobucket

Photobucket

Logan hauling wood to the house
Photobucket

Tigger enjoying the sunshine
Photobucket

Logan and his friend having fun on the swings
Photobucket

Dennis and Isaiah playing on the tire swing
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ready for winter....now take your time getting here please!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie said...

stop talking about winter I'm still enjoying fall!

duchess said...

Looks like a productive day though it does make me kind of appreciate my gas logs.
(Your hair sure is getting long & Tigger's is getting white.)

Stephanie said...

Thats a nice stack of wood.. hoping we dont need any this year. maybe just a tad for a nice romantic fire.. hehe btw.. Harley is bringing his jester collar and his pumkpin costume..