Sunday, July 19, 2009

Savannah Day 2

I'll start day 2's post with a few more Paula Deen pics that I forgot to post yesterday.

For those of you who are planning a trip to Savannah, my advice is plan only one day from morning till dark. Stroll down the canal and visit the shops. Tour the Mercer House Mansion. Walk around or drive around and see the beautiful cobblestone streets and beautiful/ charming homes located on little garden square blocks. Find the Gullah Man and say hello from me and listen to him tell a story. He's a good storyteller and then buy one of his creations. Visit Paula Deen's Lady and Sons restaurant (see previous post for reservation instructions). Then call it a day. We did not find too much to do there. I wish we could have driven out to Tybee Island to see the ocean. I'm so glad that we decided to head to Charleston later that day. Much, much more to see and do!




Me with my baby~

Grass weaver

The guy behind me must think I'm crazy!


This is Gullah Man. You can search for him on you tube. He's worth talking to!! In this photo he is weaving a rose with his eyes closed telling us the story of how he became a master weaver.


The Savannah skyline from our hotel across the canal
The hotel pool ..... awww, it was a good as it looks!!


My friend Michelle who I traveled with.



This is the Old Pirate House resturant. We ate lunch here. They have good wraps and pirates dreesed up and in character giving tours all day. Fun place.
The Mercer house mansion
Fence around Mercer House



The Cobblestone streets ~ hard to walk on that's for sure!
Our hotel


Next we'll tour Charleston and it's many beautiful doors and iron gates!!
Until then, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

duchess said...

Love seeing all of the old buildings.

Unknown said...

gorgeous!! i love paula deen, and now i want to go to savannah even more after reading this!!