Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Christmas

As usual,  I'm running behind on my posts.  It's already January 2nd.  I should be wishing you all a happy new year, So Happy New Year.  Now backtrack with me a little bit....

Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love a beautiful home decorated with all the Christmas trimmings.  I love time spent with family and friends.  I love shopping for gifts, planning trips and looking forward to special dinners and get-togethers.

This year we traveled to Ohio for the Minniear Christmas get-together.  All of Dennis' family met in Columbus at his oldest brother Davids house.  I didn't think to take my camera, so no photos of the event from me.  I can sum up the day with three words... Food, Cards, Naps.  Oh and I should mention that our menu was quite different.  Oh, yes we had tukey and ham.  But we also had Bear and Goose.  I tried both and found out that I really like Bear!  Who knew.

The Grandkids and my SIL Marie playing cards with Grandma  (photo courtesy of my nieces facebook)

December 22-24 was spent with my family in Indianapolis.  I've posted photos here.

Late Christmas eve we drive back home to Evansville so that the kids can wake up Christmas morning at our house.

CHRISTMAS DAY

Logan finally gets a real gun

Isaiah got a new flat screen tv for his room

Evan got a new stereo and speaker system for his Jeep

Isaiah also got a new Compound Bow and some more arrows

So excited to try out his gun!  The good thing is we live out of city limits and have fields behind the house so he's been able to do some shooting.

I hope your family had a magical Christmas this year.
My favorite part was being reminded throughout the month that without Jesus coming to us as a tiny baby, we would not have been given the best gift of all....The gift of eternal life through the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior!

3 comments:

duchess said...

Too bad y'all aren't closer - B got a rifle for Christmas as well and Rob's been taking him out shooting. Manly bonding type stuff.
Glad y'all had a good holiday season. Miss you.

Katie said...

You forgot your gifts? I hope Logan doesn't shoot out his eye.

Melanie said...

Love the one of your family room. Your built ins are fabulous!