Friday, April 18, 2008

Did You Feel That!

Whoa, my rumbling and shaking house woke me up at 4:38a.m. this morning. It was a midwest Earthquake! About a 5.2 - 5.4, nothing too big, but being about 30 miles from the epicenter, we certainly felt it! It woke my middle son up and he tried to walk down the hallway to our room, but kept loosing his balance. Our ground rumbled and the house shook up and down for about 30 seconds. Then at 10:17 this morning we felt an aftershock. Crazy. First it snowed in April and now this!

Ok, on a different note, I hate blog messages that don't have pictures, so here's just a random photo that I took of a field of purple weeds this morning after taking the kiddos' to church for a weekend retreat.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture Sister :o)
Glad your house and everyone in it is still intact. My shaking bed woke me up this morning, the dogs, however,slept right through it.

Kim said...

Note to self...Jodie needs pictures on my blog if I'm going to post! LOL