Monday, January 7, 2008

Saving Photos to DVD vs CD

Katie's Blog Challenge #9 Do something new and post about it.

Ok, I did something new. It was not a super-fantastic wow kinda thing, but here's what I did. I figured out how to save my photos on a dvd instead of a cd.

I loaded the Windows Media Center program that was pre-installed on my computer and through it I was able to write to a dvd. Wow!!! I was so excited to see how many photos that could fit on a dvd. I used to have anywhere between 2 and 4 cds per month of photos, and now I can save the whole month to one dvd. Life is now more organized, yeah, I love being organized!!!

Now, you might be thinking, "Is there a difference between saving to a cd vs saving to a dvd?" So far the research I've done is saying the only difference is that dvd's hold 6 times more photos than cd's. These are data only files, not slide shows, so I will not be able to view them in my dvd player, just on the computer like a photo cd.

So that's my something new this week. I hope it helped someone!

2 comments:

Katie said...

wtg on the blog challenge! I didn't say it had to be fabulous new.

Dawn said...

Oh, I need to do this too!