Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SURPRISE!!

They asked me about 2 months ago if they could throw a Sweet 16 "Surprise" birthday party for Evan. "Of course" I said and we began to plot, scheme and plan. They made the guest list, invited all the friends, arranged for a live band and decorated the house. I just paid for everything. Oh and I asked my sister and her husband to come do all the cooking and food prep while we got Evan out of the house.
Who are they, you might ask? Evan's best friends. Carlos, Halie, Harley and Hannah.

Evan was completely in the dark they whole time! It was a great surprise!

We planned an Ice Cream Sundae Bar
And a Nacho Bar
Decorating for the party
Uncle Matt ~ we call him Uncle Chefy because he used to be a chef ~ came to set up the refreshments
Aunt Tracee~ party refreshment coordinator
Here we are! SURPRISE! I think he was shocked, speechless, unable to compute why more than 25 of his closest friends were in our game room.
Oh, wow, a surprise party....for me!
I have great friends!!!
I rarely smile
Carlos, in line for the Nacho bar
Feeding the herd
Fun with friends


Concert in the garage ~ sorry for the less than stellar photos. Do you know how hard it is to photograph kids in the darkness with strobing lights? Now you do.





Midnight is fast approaching. We fill 25 glasses with Sparkling Cider.
And we toast in the New Year!
Uncle Chefy and Aunt Tracee
Me and Dennis
The aftermath.

Overall, about 35 kids were here to help Evan celebrate his birthday. It was a great party!

2 comments:

duchess said...

How fun! Glad he had a good time.

Katie said...

looks like fun happy b-day evan.